The scientific tourist #111 — ejection seats

At the Deutsches Museum Flugwerft Schleissheim north of Munich, a line-up of ejection seats from both sides of the cold war:

From the left:

  • Ejection seat for the MiG-15 and MiG-17 airplanes (OKB Mikojan, USSR, 1959), first used in 1948
  • Ejection seat for later models of the MiG-21, as well as in the MiG-23, -25, and -27 (OKB Mikojan, USSR, 1965)
  • Lockheed C-2 ejection seat for the F-104 “Starfighter” (1958)
  • Martin-Baker Mk GY5 seat for the Republic F-84F (1959)
  • Martin-Baker Mk GH 7 (A) seat for the McDonnell Douglass RF-4E Phantom II (c. 1970)
This entry was posted in History, Sci / Tech Tourism, Technology and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.